Trick or Treat? No…It’s Learning!
Halloween is arriving soon and while we are getting our costumes ready and decorations hung, we as teachers are also thinking about all of the fun and thrilling ways to integrate this holiday into our daily lesson plans.
Fear not! This index of Halloween lesson ideas and activities for all age levels will put your mind at ease while focusing on areas of the curriculum that you thought could never be covered via this topic of terror. Get ready to invite some fright into your lessons that will get your students howling with excitement.
- Halloween Fun with Rhyming Books in Kindergarten
- "Clifford the Big Red Dog" Learning About Halloween
- "Strega Nona" Activities for First Grade
- "Happy Haunting, Amelia Bedelia" Activities
- "Stellaluna" Activities for the Classroom
- Halloween Lesson Plans: Writing a Halloween Poem
- Language Arts Halloween Activities
- Creative Writing Lesson Using Digital Photos of Scary Things
- Create a Spooky or Funny Poem About Halloween
- Short Story Creative Writing Lesson for Middle School
- Writing Scary Stories by Studying Poe
- Teaching Suspense in Edgar Allan Poe's "The Black Cat"
- "Frankenstein" Book Review for the Classroom
- Halloween Math Activity With Bar Graphs
- Halloween Probability Activity
- Fun Halloween Math Activities
- Halloween Math with Food
Arts and Crafts
- Make Education Halloween Bags
- Handprint Craft for Halloween
- Eensy Weensy Spider Craft
- Pastel Spider Webs
- Halloween Coloring Pages You Can Make
- Fun Halloween Music Activities for the Classroom
- Classroom Songs and Lyrics for Halloween
- "Spookley the Square" Pumpkin Song and Lesson
- Kooky Spooky Nursery Rhyme Songs
- Musical Stories for Halloween Fun
Themed Lessons and Activities
- A Halloween Theme for Preschool
- A Preschool Monsters Theme
- Halloween Bulletin Board Ideas
- Kindergarten Bat Lessons
- A Thematic Unit on Spiders
- A Lesson on Mummies of Ancient Egypt
ESL and Special Education
- Halloween ESL Ideas
- Adults ESL Lessons for Halloween
- A Modified Reading Lesson for "The Haunted House"
Share If You Dare…
Open up your students' world of learning by introducing Halloween-themed ideas and lessons into your classroom curriculum. If you have any other ideas for teaching math or reading using Halloween books or manipulatives or have tips for making cute or creepy crafts to share, comment below if you dare!
- Author's teaching experience and research.