Rubistar Rubric Maker Saves the Day (5 out of 5)
I wept at Bob’s news. He lost his home to foreclosure after gambling away his income tax return. His wife left him. His son got busted for heroine possession, and his dog got run over by a tractor. I headed down to his room during lunch to console him. When I walked in, I was surprised to see him smiling. "He must be in denial," I thought. "Poor guy."
He looked up from his desk, "Hey Scooter! What’s shakin’?" he asked. "I just found the greatest thing ever!"
"Bob, I heard the bad news," I said. I’m so sorry–"
"Nonsense!" he interrupted. "My life may be ruined. My kids hate me. My wife things I’m a louse, and my best friend died. But you need to see this awesome website. It’s called Rubistar Rubric Maker or something like that. My buddy, Sal, told me about Rubistar for teachers and I figured I had nothing to lose, so I checked it out. This is the greatest day of my life!"
"Rubistar for teachers?" I said. "I need to check that out." And I did.
You should too.
The Rubistar Rubric Maker – Ease of Use (5 out of 5)
- Go to the create your rubric home page.
- Choose one of 10 topics. They include math, writing, reading, science, music, and more.
- Choose a subtopic.
- You will have to enter your name and zip code, for tracking purposes.
- You are presented with a pull down menu. All you have to do is choose a subtopic for the rubric and the rubric is filled in automatically. I just created a new persuasive essay rubric in less than 2 minutes.
- Hit submit and there it is, ready for download or printing.
I’m giddy just writing about it. No wonder Bob was so excited.
Variety (5 out of 5)
There’s always Mr. Negative who’ll say, "sure, you can make a rubric in two minutes, but they won’t probably have anything I need. I teach _________, and you can’t find anything about __________."
There’s even something for Mr. Negative:
- You feel like doing a puppet show? They’ve got a rubric for you along with eight other oral projects.
- Feel like writing a musical (Admit it. You want to write a musical.)? They have a rubric for it along with eight other product rubrics.
- Are your students designing a website? You’re in luck. Don’t forget the seven multimedia rubrics.
- You can make research and writing, work skills, science, music, art, math, and reading rubrics to satisfy even the most skeptical of teachers.
- If that’s not enough, invent your own.