The Tucks have a secret and they want to keep it – they have the key to eternal life. By using these Tuck Everlasting questions and answers, students test their knowledge of the story.
Ace a pop quiz on Tuck Everlasting by answering the questions on this fun quiz. It gives you an inside edge if teachers spring a quiz. Teachers and parents can also use this quiz to assess reader recall. Use this as a stand-alone activity, or combine with other Tuck Everlasting activities and lesson plans. The question sheet is a free download.
Here are some questions about the plot, characters, and themes of Tuck Everlasting.
- What was Winnie considering doing to escape her summer boredom?
- What are the three main events discussed in the prologue?
- Why do the Tucks kidnap Winnie Foster?
- How does Winnie discover the Tuck’s secret?
- Who is the Man in the Yellow Suit?
- What event jeopardizes the Tucks and could expose their secret?
- How do the Tucks stop the Man in the Yellow Suit from exposing them?
- Why can’t Mae Tuck go on trial and be sentenced for killing the Man in the Yellow Suit?
- How do the Tucks prevent Mae from going to trial?
- Why does Winnie break the law and help Mae escape?
Here are the answers to the pop quiz questions. How did you score? Is your knowledge of all things about the Tucks superior, or should you read the book again? For more lesson plans and study guides for this book, read “Tuck Everlasting Study Questions and Answers,”
- She considers running away because she feels trapped.
- Winnie contemplates running away, Mae Tuck goes to meet her sons, and the Man in the Yellow Suit appears in Treegap.
- They think she knows what they are hiding and are afraid she will tell.
- She sees Jesse drinking from the spring and asks for a drink. When he refuses to let her drink, she realizes something is wrong, but does not discover what until later.
- The Man in the Yellow Suit has been searching for the Tuck family for years, based on stories his grandmother told him about a family that never grew old. He wants eternal life.
- The Man in the Yellow Suit overhears the Tuck’s story and realizes he has found the familly he sought.
- Mae hits him with a shotgun and kills him.
- The punishment for the crime is hanging, but Mae cannot die. The secret would be exposed.
- Miles Tuck removes the jailhouse window, and the others help Mae escape. Winnie trades places with her to give them time to flee.
- The Tucks are her friends; she believes they need her help.
These Tuck Everlasting questions and answers allow teachers and parents to assess children’s understanding of Tuck Everlasting characters and their motives. They can be used as discussion questions, a study guide, or for remedial teaching.
Image, Wikimedia Commons/Public Domain