1. Colia, Ginger Covert. "Music Birth to Kindergarten: Theory and Practice" taken from the text Music in Childhood by Campbell and Scott-Kessner
This is a great resource for all teachers that provides activities, instrument, descriptions, and objectives for music and instruments.
2. Connors, Abigail. 101 Rhythm Instrument Activities for Young Children. Gryphon House. 2004.
3. Goodkin, Doug. A Rhyme in Time: Rhythm, Speech Activities and Improvisation for the Classroom. Warner Bros. Publishing. 1997.
- Why playing a musical instrument can help children learn with language skills, from The Daily Mail.
- Author's own classroom teaching experience
- Image: Rhythm Band, Amazon.com
Image: Colorful Maracas, Taman Renyah/Wikimedia Commons
- Ciares, Jovanka and Borgese, Paul. The Benefits of Music on Child Dvelopment, from PaulBorgese.com
- Introducing Preschoolers to Music, from kidshealth.org
- Levinowitz, Lili. The Importance of Music in Early Childhood, from musictogether.com
- Braynard, Karen. Sing Along! You Have the Cildren's Permission, from EarlyChildhoodNews.com
- Stafford, Karen. The Benefits of Early Childhood Education