Hindi Conversation Phrases for Buying Vegetables and Fruit in a Vegetable Market
I want to go to the vegetable market -
- Mujhe sabji bazaar/ sabji mandi jaana hai.
I am going to go to the vegetable market -
- Main sabji bazaar/ sabji mandi jaane wali hoon. (f.)
- Main sabji bazaar/ sabji mandi jaane wala hoon. (m.)
I am going to the vegetable market -
- Main sabji bazaar/ sabji mandi ja rahi hoon. (f.)
- Main sabji bazaar/ sabji mandi ja raha hoon. (m.)
Do you want to come along with me to the vegetable market? -
- Tumhe mere sath sabji bazaar/ sabji mandi aana hai kya?
- Tum mere sath sabji bazaar/ sabji mandi chalogay?
Where is the vegetable market? -
- Sabji bazaar/ sabji mandi kahan hai?
Does this road lead to the vegetable market? -
- Yeh rasta sabji bazaar/ sabji mandi ki taraf jata hai?
Brother/Sister/Auntie/Uncle, are there any tomatoes? -
- Bhaiyya/Didi/Maasi/Kaka, tamatar hain kya?
I want this -
I want that -
I would like half a kilo of tomatoes -
- Mujhe aadha kilo tamatar chahiyeh.
I want one kilo of potatoes -
- Mujhe ek kilo aalu chahiyeh.
Give me a quarter kilo of French beans -
- Mujhe pav kilo farasbee toh jara dena.
Don't you have cauliflower today? -
- Aaj aapke pas phul-gobi nahi hain?
What is this? -
This is fresh, isn't it? -
How much is it? -
What is the price of this? -
Pass me the basket -
- Jara tokri mujhe doh toh.
What do I owe you? -
Won't you give me a discount? -
- Bhav kam nahi karogay kya?
Do you have change? -
- Aapke pas chhuttay paise hain kya?
No, I don't want a plastic bag -
- Nahi, mujhe plastic bag nahi chahiyeh.
Yes, it's okay, thank you, I have a bag -
- Hain, theek hai, shukriya, mere pas thaili hain.