- The Hebrew and Yiddish Languages: Similarities and Differences
When you look at the two languages—Yiddish versus Hebrew—they might seem similar at first. After all, they both use the same alphabet, they share similar words, and they are both spoken primarily by Jews. However, they are actually two separate languages. So, what's the difference?
- Hindi Language Lessons: Grammar and Verbs
This article looks at the grammar of the Hindi language with an emphasis on Hindi verbs. The first section takes a general look at verbs in Hindi. The second section describes some of the affixes attached to Hindi verbs to form different tenses and aspects.
- Learn to Speak Hindi: Visiting the Vegetable Market
The article is intended to assist people in learning to speak Hindi. We will take a look at some everyday, colloquial Hindi that native speakers would use when visiting a vegetable market. Doing a little bit everyday will help you learn Hindi fast.
- How to Use Der-words in German
Learn how to use words like "these," "those," "some," and others in German.
- Time, Manner, and Place: Ordering Adverbs in German Sentences
A topic that we don't run into much in English -- do adverbs need an order?
- How to Say Please and Thank You in Different Languages
Ever wanted to know how to say please and thank you in Chinese, German, or Swahili? Read on for a list of these polite expressions in many languages and lean how to say please and thank you in different languages.
- How to Type Accent Marks in When Writing Other Languages
For those of us who learn a language not our own, we often find that the scripts or even the ordinary letters of the Latin alphabet are formed differently than the ones we use. Here you can find several different methods for typing diacritical marks, or accents with your keyboard or by pasting them.
- How Do We Understand Variations in Our Language?
There are many factors to include when it comes to language variations. Here we take a look at the three main components that make up language variations in order to better understand the concept as a whole.
- Unilang: Free Online Hindi Lessons
Unilang is an online community that offers free learning language courses. Here we take a look at their basic Hindi course meant for helping people quickly comprehend the Hindi language of India.
- History, Vocabulary and Traditions around Entedankfest (Thanksgiving) in Germany
Learn about the background of Erntedankfest, Germany's Thanksgiving. We look at traditions in rural areas and the appropriate vocabulary in German.
(4 of 11)