- Varying Meanings of Hand Signals and Gestures Around the World
This portion of the four part series on conscious body language discusses the meanings of of hand-gestures including A-OK and Applause, or hand clapping, and their origins and interpretations in different cultures.
- Learning the Welsh Language Online
Welsh is a Celtic language that is rich in history and challenging to master. One way to get started is by using free interactive language learning programs, like that of the BBC's The Big Welsh Challenge.
- Rosetta Stone Portuguese - Speak Like a Natural
Rosetta Stone's Level 1 Brazilian Portuguese, with its Dynamic Immersion method, puts language learning on the fast track for those who need to be able to communicate effectively in a short period of time.
- The National Latin Exam: An Achievement for Your Student
The National Latin Exam is a great way for your Latin student to enjoy his or her achievement in a foreign language. This article discusses what the exam is, how to register your child for the exam, and how to prepare your student for the exam.
- Communicating With the Face: What Facial Expressions Mean
Facial expressions as a form of body language are manifold and range from joy and approval to distrust and doubt. Learn about conscious body language.
- Portuguese Grammar: Indefinite Article and Plural Forms of Nouns and Adjectives
In this article about Portuguese grammar, we look at the definite article which naturally leads over to plural forms of nouns and adjectives. Here you find all you want to know about the definite article as well as the plural of substantives and adjectives including a lot of grammar examples.
- Body Language: What is Aggressive in Different Cultures
Looks and hand signals that are considered friendly in the United States may be construed as aggressive elsewhere in the world. When is eye contact appropriate, a handshake polite and what are the meanings of the OK sign, fig sign and hand thrust in different cultures?
- Learning Russian: Understanding Russian Male Names
What is the proper way to spell Russian male names? What's the deal with patronymics and diminutives? Is Boris still the most popular male Russian name? Read this article to find out!
- Learning the Basque Language with Colloquial Basque
A recent renewed interest in the Basque language and culture has nudged many people to start looking for learning materials on the subject. If you’re one of these people and considering a self-study course, Colloquial Basque should be on your short list.
- To Rosetta Stone or Not To Rosetta Stone: Irish Level 1
This review explores just how useful Rosetta Stone language learning software is for those on a quest to understand--and speak--Irish or, as the Irish themselves call it, Gaeilge.
(2 of 11)