- Finding the Surface Area of Three Dimensional Figures using Nets: 6th Grade Lesson
Students will draw a net for a three-dimensional figure and use the net to find the surface area of the figure.
- Multiplicative Comparisons
Students will interpret a multiplication equation as a comparison and represent a verbal statement of a multiplicative comparison as a multiplication equation.
- Assessment on Math Series
Assessment on middle school math article series.
- Teaching About Patterns
Students will generate a shape or number pattern that follows a given rule.
- Factors and Multiples
Students will find all factor pairs for a whole number. Students will determine multiples of a given number. Students will determine whether a number is prime or composite.
- Multistep Word Problems
Students will use the four operations to solve multistep word problems, including problems in which remainders must be interpreted.
- Word Problems Involving Multiplicative Comparisons
Students will use multiplication or division to solve word problems involving multiplicative comparisons.
- Math Lesson: Party Planning With Unit Rate
Give your students a creative way to explore unit rate by incorporating their party planning ideas!
- Sixth Grade Math Lesson: Recipe Conversion Using Ratios and Baby Bottles
Teach your students the practical use of converting measurements to adjust recipes!
- Sixth Grade Math Lesson: Take Your Class On a Ratio Tour!
Let your students get comfortable with the ratios they see on a daily basis!
(2 of 10)