- Middle School Art Lesson: Create a Painting with Fall Colors
Teach students to use naturally complementary colors to create fall paintings.
- Art Lesson: Paint with your Senses!
Show your students the joy of using color to paint beyond what they see with their eyes! Students will experiment with watercolor and painting sounds and feelings with color.
- Art Lesson: Still Life: My History, My Future
Get to know your students through still life painting! In this lesson, students will create a still life painting of objects that represent their past and their future hopes.
- Lesson: Create a Night Sky of Fireworks Using Pastels
Using just a few simple materials, your students can create an image similar to the beauty of a fireworks display against a night sky!
- Beginner Plein Air Painting Lesson: Using a Viewfinder to Paint Outdoors
Using a simple tool to identify a composition, students can create their own unique paintings from any view they see outside!
- Create a Mixed Media Collage Summer Scene
Use cutouts, bright paints, and pastels to put together a seasonably warm piece of art!
- Art Lesson: History Day Shadow Paintings
Make a creative memory from your class history day with shadow paintings!
- Quick Draw Art Lesson: What to Leave in, What to Leave out
Wow! That reference photo has a lot of stuff in it…how do you turn it into a drawing or painting?
- Art Lesson: Color Vs. Value
Let your students explore the difference between emphasizing color or contrasting lights and darks!
- Art Lesson: Exploring Color, Mood, and Music
Let your students experiment with the relationship between color and mood by painting to music.
(2 of 9)