Understanding Infant Development & Learning (page: 5 of 8)
- Infant and Toddler Cognitive Activities for Building Learning Skills
Babies learn a lot in the first three years. Whether you are a parent looking for ways to enhance your child's learning skills, or a caregiver looking for teaching methods for working with young children, you'll love these infant and toddler cognitive activities.
- Baby Learning & Development: A Guide for New Parents!
A baby's learning and development is a very sensitive issue for parents, especially for those who experience parenthood for the first time. Research suggests that development starts soon after the brain is formed in the fetus.
- Guide to Infant Development Stages: Seven Months to One Year
Infant development stages may have been a bit blurred during months one to six; during months seven to twelve, the stages of infant development become a lot more pronounced. Read on and find out how.
- Guide to Infant Development from Birth to Six Months
Is your baby on track with generally recognized infant developmental milestones? Do you know which developmental milestones an infant between birth and six months of age should meet? Read on and find out.
- Kangaroo Care: Infant Development & Parent-Infant Bonding
What is Kangaroo Care and how can it help increase maternal-infant bond? Here we take an in depth look at the skin-to-skin method used to benefit babies.
- Kangaroo Care Studies Show Benefits
Here we will look at the studies which have been done involving Kangaroo Care. This skin-to-skin contact has been studied since it's introduction in the 1980's and has served as a bonding device for mothers and babies.
- Cognitive Benefits of Learning Sign Language as an Infant
Teaching your baby sign language can result in many benefits to their developmental and cognitive growth. Does signing really make my baby smarter? This article will give you the answer.
- Ready...Set...SIT!-The Best Way for Teaching Your Baby to Sit Up
While you can't force your child to learn anything - including sitting up - there are several techniques you can use to help her build the muscles that she will need to reach this milestone. If you help your baby sit upright on her own, she will gain the independence she needs to grow!
- Baby Tummy Time: Tips for a Baby Who Doesn't Like Tummy Time
Does your baby hates tummy time? Think there's nothing you can do about it? Think again. My baby hated tummy time. Couldn't stand it. Screamed bloody murder when I dared put him on his stomach. When I admitted my problem to other mothers, they smiled. These are the tips they shared with me.
- Stimulating Your Baby's Five Senses: The Most Effective Toys
Effective learning toys that stimulate a baby's five sensory areas will help increase infant brain development. The five senses are the most valuable tools to an infant's growth.
(5 of 8)