- Steps for Dividing Mixed Fractions with Examples and Resources
Dividing mixed fractions is easier than it sounds. Just follow this step-by-step guide to divide any two mixed fractions your teacher can throw at you!
- Understanding the Remainder in Math with Examples
What is a remainder, and why do we want to find one? We discuss this basic math operation.
- Steps to Subtracting Mixed Fractions with Regrouping
Mixed fractions, also known as mixed numbers, consist of a whole number and a fraction. When you subtract two mixed numbers, you may have to regroup to work the problem. This study guide will help you work these types of problems.
- Understanding Rational and Irrational Numbers (with Examples)
Are you crazy about irrational numbers? Come learn the difference between a rational and an irrational number, and make friends with some of the most famous irrational numbers of all time.
- Rational Numbers: Rules and Practice
Rational numbers are those that can be written as a fraction, or ratio, with a denominator that is not zero (0). Once you understand what a rational number is, learning how to add and subtract them is easy! You may already know how. Read on for an explanation and review.
- Two Techniques for Adding Mixed Fractions - With Examples
Confused about how adding mixed fractions works? You can add them easily using either one of these step-by-step techniques.
- Learn About Prime Factorization: Examples & Practice Questions
What is prime factorization, and why should you care? We cover how to find the prime factorization of a number and briefly mention a few areas where doing this may come in handy.
- Finding the Square Root of a Number with Examples and Resources
Need to find the square root of a number? It's not as complicated as you may think. Use these step by step instructions for the estimation method of finding the square root of a number.
- Learn How to Figure Simple Interest in Math: Problems and Examples
These simple interest math problems help you solve all kinds of borrowing and investing math questions. Follow this step-by-step guide.
- Adding Irrational Numbers: A Step-by-Step Guide
Need some help adding irrational numbers? Read on for a review of the basics, as well as instructions on adding them. Get all you questions answered here.
(4 of 13)