Tips for Effectively Teaching High School Students (page: 4 of 8)
- Students Struggling With Math in High School: How to Help
Some students in high school are totally turned off math.These kids may have had a bad run with their math schooling or be turned off learning math for due to poor basic skills, low motivation or an undiagnosed learning disability. So how do we help students struggling with math in high school?
- Ideas on Service Learning: Taking Part in the School and in the Community
What kinds of service learning activities can be implemented in the school and in the community? There are a variety of activities depending on the school's needs and the student's interests. You'll read here the pros and cons of some activities.
- Learned Optimism: Tips for Teaching Teenagers to Be Positive
Optimism is an important skill for teenagers to learn, especially in today's turbulent world! Help your students learn how to be persistent, even in the face of failure.
- Looking Deeper into Typical Teenage Behavioral Issues Students Face
Learn about the many teenager issues students face such as domestic violence, drug abuse, and other learning barriers. See how this may affect a student and how to look for "red flag" signs in order to help them.
- Teens with Eating Disorders: A Classroom Concern
What does it mean to have an eating disorder? Teens with eating disorders often struggle with many stressors, which may have a negative impact on their educational experience. If you have teenage students stop and read this article to learn about these disorders, and how to offer help.
- Assessment Writing Rubrics: How to Create a Rubric In Class
Now that you've created an essay grading scale with your students, make it official.
- Summer Abroad Programs For High School Students: Answering Common Questions
High School students interested in studying abroad may question the cost of the program, the requirements and the length of the stay. This article will answer those questions and state reasons why traveling abroad is a great choice!
- Essay Evaluation Made Easy
Essay evaluation can be tedious. Not anymore!
- Research Activity: Small Groups Create Power Point Software Presentation
Middle school students will work in two-person teams to research a topic of interest for a presentation using Power Point software. This lesson can be integrated with social studies, math, science, health, etc. However, the amount of slides can be adjusted for older or younger student
- Internet Research and Presentation of a Dream Vacation Lesson for Small Groups
Give students an imaginary budget to plan a dream vacation for an imaginary contest. Each small group will need to select a vacation spot and activities from Internet research. The team will then present what it found to the class.
(4 of 8)