- Cathcart, R. (2005). They're not bringing my brain out: Understanding and working with gifted and talented learners (3rd ed.). Rotorua: REACH Publications.
- Tomlinson, C. (1995). How to differentiate instruction in mixed ability classrooms. Alexandria, VA: ASCD.
- Renzulli, J. S. (1977). The enrichment triad model: A guide for developing defensive programs for the gifted and talented. Weathersfield, Conn: Creative Learning Press.
- Powers, E. A. (2008). The Use of Independent Study as a Viable Differentiation Technique for Gifted Learners in the Regular Classroom. Waco, TX: Prufrock Press.
- Johnsen, S. K., & Johnson, K. (1986). Independent study program. Waco, TX: Prufrock Press.