Before your first grade students use the computers independently, decide what objectives you have. Also review your school’s technology course of study if one is available. Does the school require that parents sign a permission slip for their children to play Internet games? If not, to avoid problems, it is a good idea to have permission.
Here are some examples of basic objectives:
1. Students will respect the technology by practicing responsible use of the computer.
2. Students will begin and end their use of the computer appropriately.
2. Students will correctly use the names of the parts such as mouse, monitor, headset, printer, etc.
3. Students will practice the use of the mouse and keyboard using age-appropriate activities.
4. Students will work quietly on the assigned task.