Fun Number Writing Activities
For some creative and fun twists, encourage children to work with manipulatives such as paints, crayons, and indoor or outdoor chalk. Here are some ways to expand the practice of writing numbers beyond using pencils and worksheets:
1. Allow the children to finger paint numbers onto construction paper, or have them use a brush to make numbers with craft paint.
2. Try letting the children can write numbers with glue and shake glitter on top.
3. For some good clean fun, have your preschoolers practice writing numbers by dipping their fingers into pudding, yogurt, shaving cream or whipped cream.
4. Give preschoolers the opportunity to draw colorful chalk numbers on construction paper or a chalkboard.
5. On sunny days, take the class outdoors so that they can make numbers with sidewalk chalk.
6. Another creative outdoor activity involves writing numbers on the pavement with water using paintbrushes.
7. Keep baskets of crayons or washable markers available for the children to use when drawing numbers freehand or completing worksheets.
8. By having Play-Doh readily available, preschoolers can use it to practice forming numbers.