Create an Underwater World
Go to any craft or party stores and gather:
- Marine colored streamers, a set of four in at least two colors (shiny tinsel optional)
- Construction paper, color markers, scissors, tape, kite string, staples
- Mesh toy hammock from Toys-R-Us or any toy or sporting goods store
1) Stretch the hammock and hang the streamers to create the feel of water
2) Cut out fish, starfish, and sea-horses; about four or five each, here's a template for a sea-horse and one for a starfish.
3) Hang them throughout your sea world
4) Hang up your walk through and under your sea world
In order for this project to work, you will need to secure the hammock above the children's heads, but not so high that they can't walk through it. The streamers can be secured by lining up at least two or three streamers, all the same length, and folding them in half at the length you desire them to hang. For example, if you want them all to hang at least two feet from the mesh, make sure you cut two pieces at four feet and staple them to the toy mesh. Take the sea animal cut outs and staple them to the kite string, one on each end of the string. Staple the string to the mesh and let them hang. Now you have an undersea world, right in your classroom.