What Can We Do?
The water that comes into our homes has been treated and is clean. We need to take steps not to waste the water.
1. Turn the water off while brushing your teeth. Conserve water when washing hands.
2. Spend less time in the shower.
3. If you are at the ocean, only collect shells that are empty. Leave living creatures where you find them.
4. When walking through sandy dunes, do not break or damage plants in the area. It could be an animal home.
5. Color these pages (coloring book:click here) and pass them out to remind people of ways they can help.
1. Don't run the dishwasher unless it is full.
2. Recycle! Many things can be made from recycled products. Every family member can help.
3. When at a beach or on the water, never leave trash of any kind behind.
4. Join a zoo or aquarium. These places do research to protect wildlife.
5. Turn the hose off while washing the car until you actually need the water.