- Dark blue piece of 12 x 18 construction paper (1 per student)
- White piece 9 x 12 construction paper (1 per student)
- White paint (washable)
- White construction paper moon (1 per student)
- Yellow construction paper stars (7 per student)
- Blue pipe cleaner (1 per student)
- Silver pipe cleaner (1 per student)
- Green construction paper (4 inches high, cut to the width of the blue paper)
- A head shot photo of each child
Using the white paint and paintbrush, paint each student’s hands white. Have them lay their hands in the middle of the blue construction paper with their wrists together. (See photo) This will create the angel’s “wings." Let dry.
Glue the green construction paper along the bottom of the blue construction paper. This will serve as the grass for your angel paper craft.
Using the white construction paper and pencil, trace each child’s foot. Cut out with scissors and glue in between the two white hand prints. This will be the angel’s body.
Cut out the head shot of the child, and glue over the heel of the foot cut-out.
Bend the silver pipe cleaner into an upside-down U shape. Entering from the front, poke holes in the blue paper – just above the child’s head. Allow the circled part of the U to stick out from the paper. Twist the ends together in the back of the blue construction paper. This will form the angel’s “halo."
Allow the children to add the moon and star shapes to the rest of their picture. Using the blue pipe cleaner, fashion a hanger at the top of the picture.