My Granny Went to Market is a rhyming story about Granny traveling around the world to collect items indicative of each region she visits. Students will have the opportunity to count the items at each stop she makes. After reading, the students will do a partner activity. A worksheet is included to be used in the classroom or as homework.
1. Count to answer 'how many?' questions about as many as 20 things arranged in a line, a rectangular array, or a circle, or as many as 10 things in a scattered configuration; given a number from 1 - 20, count out that many objects. K.CC.B.5.
2. Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities; connect counting to cardinality. K.CC.B4
1. Book: My Granny Went to Market by Stella Blackstone
2. File Cards - Write one number (1-10) on each card. Use more of the higher numbers (6-10). Have enough cards so that each student can have one.
3. Globe or world map
4. Copies of the worksheet - Download here
5. Alternative Book: 1,2,3 by Simon Basher. This book is a little more childish looking but contains numbers 1-20.