Make a table to show the factor pairs for each number.
A multiple is any number that is the product of a given number.
You can find the multiples of a number by multiplying the number by 1, 2, 3, etc.
Find the first four multiples of 6. Multiply 6 by 1, by 2, by 3, by 4. The first four multiples of 6 are 6, 12, 18, 24.
- Find the first five multiples of 2.
- Find the first four multiples of 5.
- Find the first four multiples for 7.
- Find the first three multiples for 4.
- Find the first three multiples for 3.
A number is a composite number when the number has factor pairs other than 1 and itself.
A number is a prime number when the number has only one factor pair, 1 and itself.
Determine whether the number is composite or prime. Explain your answer.