Choose ONE of the following essays.
1. Describe the ways in which literary devices (similes, metaphors, personification, imagery) are used to create mood in Frankenstein.
2. One key theme of the novel involves the ways technology brings positive and negative changes. Compare and contrast the science that Victor Frankenstein seeks to discover with a modern scientific breakthrough. Use evidence from the novel to support your answer.
3. The definition of a "tragic hero" is a person who has amazing gifts and abilities, but encounters destruction because of a "tragic flaw" in his or her character that ensures that he/she will fail. Do you think Victor Frankenstein fits this description?Why or why not?Use text evidence.
- You may use: an annotated copy of Frankenstein.
- You may NOT use: SparkNotes, or any other sort of reading aid. ALL notes must be written IN your novel. You may not bring any paper with any other writing on it.