Part A. Define the words below. Be sure to include the part of speech in the space provided. Write a sentence for each word. If the word is a verb, you may write a sentence using any form: past, present, or future.
turbulence ( )
obnoxious ( )
bellow ( )
assurance ( )
casualty ( )
Part B. Answer the following questions in complete sentences.
1. Analogy is the comparison of two pairs which have the same relationship. In Ch. 13 when Roy talks to his father about the owls having to fly away to find new dens, what does Roy compare it to?
2. What concerns Mr. Eberhardt about Beatrice Leep and Mullet?
3. How does Mrs. Eberhardt react when Roy tells her of Mullet and his mother’s relationship?
4. Near or on n pg. 166, the text reads, “. . . Roy expected another Neanderthal hulk . . ." What does the underlined expression mean?
5. Near or on pg. 172 Mullet says, “Ever since I was little, I’ve been watchin’ this place disappear—the piney woods, the scrub, the creeks, the glades. Even the beaches . . .." How does this statement relate to our world today?
6. In Ch. 14, when does Roy’s negative attitude toward Florida begin to change?
7. Summarize Ch. 13 & 14 below.