1. Why does the government tell Mr. Garner he can’t grow plants inside?
2. How can you tell Luke is worried about Jen’s plans for the rally?
1. How was Jen sure they wouldn’t run into the Population Police on their way to the rally?
2. How does Jen react when Luke tells her he is not going to the rally?
3. Who do you think is more brave, Jen or Luke? Explain your answer.
1. What does Luke mean at the end when he thinks to himself, “Hiding again?" (p. 115)
1. What is the surprise Luke gets in the middle of the night?
1. What do you think Luke’s plan is?
1. Who do you think came into Jen’s house after Luke?
1. What do we learn about Jen’s father in this chapter?
2. Why is Jen’s father so willing to help Luke escape?
1. Why does Jen’s father work for the Population Police? Do you agree with his reasoning? Explain your answer.
1. Why does Luke want a fake ID?
2. If you were Luke, would you take the fake ID? Explain.
1. Tell why Luke’s family is okay with his taking on a new identity and leaving the farm?
2. Do you think Jen would be proud of Luke’s decision? Explain.