Save Endangered Animals and Save the World
Most children love animals. When they learn about protecting endangered animals, it is often a beginning step to doing more for the Earth in general. Each student can choose an endangered animal or animals to research. You and your students can visit Kids' Planet Especies website to learn more.
Here are ways to choose the animal:
1. Choose all animals from the state where you live (like Judy’s class did).
2. Each student can choose a state and find out the endangered animals in that state.
3. Choose animals according to the continent where they live.
4. Choose animals according to habitat: rain forest, woodland, arctic, and so on.
5. Each student chooses his or her favorite animal, but everyone must have a different one.
1. Written report with colorful cover
2. Poster with information and pictures
3. Model of animal in habitat with oral report.
4. Collage of endangered animals from a specific state or continent with information on the back.
5. Power Point or Smart Board presentation, if that is a familiar tool for your classroom.
After all of the presentations, consider having a group meeting to discuss what we can all do to help the animals. Perhaps your students will want to take on a specific endangered animal cause.