You will use your resources and find information on the Internet to prepare a presentation about your assigned topic. Here are the topic choices:
1. Through what states did Laura travel? Draw a map showing the states. Draw a tiny house on all the places where she lived.
2. Name the birthplace of Laura Ingalls Wilder. List three things about the town. List three events in the town celebration of Laura Ingalls Wilder Days. Then create a brochure on a tri-fold piece of construction paper to advertise the town.
3. What did the pioneers take with them in the covered wagon? Pack a suitcase with pictures/actual items to represent some of the things the pioneers took with them.
4. What toys or games did the children have? Make an example of one of the toys or games.
5. What is the prairie like in Kansas? Draw pictures of the wildlife, landforms and vegetation.
6. What kinds of homes were built by the prairie pioneers? Choose one and draw or build an example. Write a description of the house and how it was built.
7. What foods did the families eat and how were they prepared? Prepare a sample of food to go with your written preparation.