Acquisition of New Vocabulary
1. Kaboodle-page 5; the whole amount of people or things
2. emanations-page 18; something abstract that originates from a source
3. poleax-page 54; a short handled ax with a spike at the back
4. pickpocket-page 69; someone who steals from another person’s pockets
5. pandemonium-page 25; wild and noisy uproar
6. legend-page 8; unverified historical tale or a famous/infamous person
7. repertoire-page 97; a group of skills or behaviors that a person often uses
8. replica-page 123; an exact copy
9. ecstatic-page 149; overwhelmingly happy or excited
10. gabble-page 164; talking rapidly with meaningless sounds
11. seething- page 165; bubbling up; unexpressed angry
12. gauntlet- page 165; a challenge or punishment of running between two lines of enemies
13. trestle -page 168; supporting framework of a bridge
14. maniac -page 28; a person with wild behavior
15. dovetailed -page 171; fits together easily
Activities for vocabulary words:
a. Put words in alphabetical order.
b. Use a dictionary and context clues from the book (provide page numbers of where the words are found) to write the meaning of each word.
c. Write sentences using each vocabulary word.