Here are questions for each chapter. If you are reading the book to your students, give them the questions ahead of time so their listening will be focused.
1. How did the dog get his name? (Page 5)
2. What finally made the doctor believe that Grandfather was really sick and not joking? (Page 7)
3. What was wrong with Grandfather? (page 10)
1.How did Grandfather and Little Willy communicate? (page 17)
2. List the words to describe Little Willy.
3. What did you learn about the potato plant? (page 19)
1. How did Little Willy prepare for winter. (page 23)
2. Describe a day for Little Willy when he had to go to school. (page 24)
1. What was the real reason why Grandfather was ill? (page 36)
1.Why was Little Willy being raised by Grandfather? (page38)
2. List all the people with whom Willy discussed the tax problem.
1. What did we learn about Stone Fox?
1. What happened in the deserted barn?
1. What can you tell about Little Willy’s character and bravery on page 65 and 67?
1. What happened when Willy passed Grandfather’s farmhouse during the race? How did it make Willy feel?
1. What did you learn about the character of Stone Fox?
2. The story seems to leave some loose ends. What do you think happens to Willy? To the farm? To Stone Fox? (In my mind, I think the Indian gives Little Willy one of his dogs.)