Preparation for a comprehension game:
1.Prepare enough questions so that every student in your class will get a turn to answer. Some questions are included in this lesson.
2. Using two colors of construction paper, put large X’s on one color and large O’s on the other.
3. Use tape or yarn to create a large tic tac toe board on the floor. Each section should be large enough for a child to sit in one.
“Human Tic Tac Toe"
Divide students into two teams.
One team is the X team. The other is the O team.
Ask one student from the X team a question. If the answer is correct, the student takes an X and sits somewhere on the game board and hold up the X or O . No one from the team is allowed to say where to sit. That player has to think for himself. Do the same with the O team. Go back and forth until one team has formed a line (across, up and down or diagonal) with X’s or O’s.
1. What did Ramona call the boy who stole her eraser? (Yard Ape)
2. What grade is Ramona starting? (third)
3. What is the name of Ramona’s sister(Beezus or Beatrice)
4. What was father studying to become? (an art teacher)
5. Who is Willa Jean? (babysitter’s little granddaughter)
6. Who called Ramona a show-off and a nuisance? (Mrs. Whaley, her teacher)
7. Was Beezus going to the same school as Ramona?(no)
8.What did father give everyone on the first day of school? (a pink eraser)
9. When the girls complained about what Mother cooked for dinner, what did they have to do? (cook dinner the next day)
10. Who paid for the dinner in the restaurant? (The old man)
11. Describe the book report that Ramona had to do. (She did a commercial about cats)
12. What did Ramona want to do instead of playing with Willa Jean? (read a book)
13. What is the name of the family cat? (Picky-picky)
14. What did Ramona do to her head/hair in the cafeteria? (She cracked an egg on her head, which she thought was hard-boiled.)
15. Who stayed home to take care of Ramona when she was sick? (her mother)