Discussion On Sport
Let’s say, the highest votes were for the topic on sport. Students can debate for example, sports and danger, sports and money, sports and drugs or sports and violence. Find a suitable article form a newspaper or magazine clipping or from Breaking News for ESL classes.
Here are some questions, which can be asked during discussion.
1. Have you taken part in sports in your country? Are you active in sports now?
2. Which are the popular sports in your country?
3. What do you think of the increased interest of people in being a member of a gym?
4. Do you attend a gym? If so, why?
5. Do you think mountain climbing, skiing and boxing are dangerous sports?