Sample Vocabulary Lesson Plan
Age: 5-9 years old
Time: 35 minutes
Language Skills: Vocabulary and pronunciation
Language Objective: Students will be able to name, pronounce and use 10 English numbers
Methodology: Repetition and Dynamic Method
Materials: markers, flash cards, worksheets
Teacher recites the following nursery rhyme while flashing picture cards:
One, two.. buckle my shoe
Three, four... knock at the door
Five, six... pick up sticks
Seven, eight... lay them straight
nine, ten... a big, fat, hen.
- Teachers holds a flash card with the number "1" on it and says "one" five times.
- Teacher says "one" again and students (in groups) reapeat it. This is recited five times.
- Teacher says "one" and has students repeat it individually.
- Teacher repeats the procedure for all numbers.
- Teacher posts flash cards on the board and asks students to draw apples with the corresponding number flash cards.