Download This Worksheet
Begin by handing out the ESL metaphor worksheet. It will download immediately upon clicking the link. The first ten problems from the worksheet are provided here.
ESL Metaphor worksheet
Explain what you think the metaphor means.
Example: Her words rang true.
Rang means that her words sounded true.
1. They were greeted with a warm reception.
2. Dude, just chill out !
4. Do you keep any dark secrets?
5. It’s been rough.
6. Don’t let the pressure get to you.
7. Are you feeling blue?
8. You’re the light of my life.
9. It’s part of an infinite spectrum of possibilities.
10. What an absolutely brilliant idea!