1. Apple of one’s eye: special or precious person.
2. Score brownie points: to do favors for someone to gain special notice or attention.
3. Bring home the bacon: earn an income.
4. Have your cake and eat it too: both wanting to use something and keep it at the same time.
5. Cool as a cucumber: calm and relaxed.
6. Cheesy: cheap or tacky.
7. Cream of the crop: the best.
8. Crying over spilled milk: get upset over something that has already happened.
9. Full of beans: full of nonsense.
10. Bread and butter: a person's livelihood, or how they earn essentials and daily needs.
11. Spill the beans: tell the truth.
12. Grain of salt: not accept as 100% correct.
13. Cup of tea: something that you enjoy.
14. Hard nut to crack: difficult person to figure out.
15. Finger in this pie: to play a role in what is happening.
16. No free lunch: everyone has to work to get something.
17. Use your noodle: use your brain.
18. Born with a silver spoon: being lucky, born with advantages.
19. Egged on: urged on.