Common Root Words
Find below a list of roots for numbers, the meaning of the root, and words using the root.
1. Unus: one: Union, Unique, Unanimous, Unitary, Universal
2. Bi: two: Bisect, Bilingual, Bigamy, Bicentenary, Bicycle
3. Tri: three: Triad, Triangle, Triangulation, Trident, Tricolor
4. Quad, Quat: four: Quadrilateral, Quadruplets, Quadrangle, Quadrupeds, Quadrant
5. Pent: five: Pentagon, Pentagram, Pentathlon
6. Sex, Hex: Hexagon, Hexagram, Sextet, Sextuplets, Sexagenarian.
7. Sept: seven: Septuagenarian, September, Septillion, Septenary, Septante
8. Oct: eight: October, Octave, Octagon, Octopus, Octillion
9. Non: nine: November, Nanosecond, Nonagenarian
10. Dec, Deca: ten: Decimal, Decade, Decathlon
11. Cent: hundred: Century, Centennial, Centenary,
12. Milli: thousand : Millennium, Millenarian, Million, Millipede, Millionaire
Try to guess the meanings of the examples!