Name of Project: Make Cookies for a Class Bake Sale
Overall Project Objectives: When students complete this project, they will be able to:
1. Understand and follow the directions in baking cookies.
2. Bake cookies using the right measurement tools and baking equipment.
3. Work together as a group to accomplish the desired goal.
4. Use technology to design a print advertisement for the bake sale.
5. Organize and interpret data of sold items by using a tally chart.
6. Write a journal about their experience in baking and selling the cookies.
Integration of Other Functional/ Academic Skills:
In completing the task, the students will be able to make use of skills in other subjects:
Mathematics: Use math skills to choose and use the appropriate tools in measuring, reading the clock, and interpreting data in a chart as necessary in completing the project.
Language Arts: Understand and follow directions, compose a simple advertisement, and write a journal about the project.
Technology: Use the computer in designing a print advertisement for the project.